Businesses that not only provide a quality product at the right price, but also make the buying experience easy and deliver quickly and accurately will win buyers’ loyalty. With more sales happening online than ever before, a flawless fulfillment strategy is the key to increasing customer satisfaction and profitability. The new Pack Station mobile application in NetSuite 2021 Release 1 creates significant efficiency in outbound fulfillment processes that can help businesses accomplish that goal. With it, warehouse workers can scan items as they are being packed, providing accountability for who packed what and giving customers full visibility into what items are being shipped in each package. Scanning during the packing process ensures that orders are fulfilled correctly, which leads to happy customers and increased profitability since orders do not need to be reworked, or worse are returned and need to be reshipped.
The Pack Station is a touchscreen mobile application developed to be used on a tablet. It increases efficiency for packing operators and administrators, with the goal of maximizing order and shipping accuracy. Some of the new functionality included in the NetSuite Pack Station includes:
- Packing multiple carton orders – pack items for multiple orders at the same time with visibility into what each box requires throughout the process.
- Verify items using scanning – by scanning each item as it’s packed, staff can instantly confirm they’re packing the right items.
- Multiple shipping routes – identify orders that are going to the same customer with the same address and shipping route and pack those items together.
- Pack partially picked orders – pack an order that is in a partially picked status and stage it to merge with the rest of the order before shipping.
- Pick labels and packing lists – print customizable carton labels, pallet labels and packing lists as part of the packing process.
- Scale integration – capture weights directly from the scale to avoid errors from manual entry.
- Palletization and shipments – load cartons on a pallet within a shipment and track EDI data.
- Staging after packing – after packing an order, it can be staged in a different area to help control the flow of goods in the shipping process.
- Find orders quickly – staff can quickly find orders that need to be packed by scanning a pick carton, a sales order number or selecting from a list of staged orders.
Pack Station functionality is available both as a standalone solution and included in NetSuite’s Warehouse Management System (WMS).